[rrd-developers] Internal error while talking to rrdcached

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Nov 5 05:45:13 CET 2012

Rrdcached is one of the parts of rrdtool that is rapidly developing.  It may be that the Zenoss application requires a more recent version in order to get additional options.

However the error seems to indicate that your problem lies more at the filesystem end; possibly the rrdcached cannt read the required file due to ownerships, permissions, or simply process limits such as the max open file descriptors (to fix this latter, update the limits.conf and restart the rrdcached process).  My tentative guess at this point would be the ‘nofile’ setting in limits.conf preventing the file from being opened.

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway

ITS Unix Services Design Lead