[rrd-developers] rrdtool + libdbi / mysql speed test

Olivier Doucet webmaster at ajeux.com
Tue Jan 8 12:38:32 CET 2013

Hello,

Just a follow up on this :
Problem is definitely in libdbi and the implementation of
dbi_result_next_row(). This function is using mysql_data_seek() all
the time to move from one row to another, which is very unefficient
for mySQL. PostgreSQL backend does not have this problem.
Unfortunately, we cannot fix this outside libdbi (we would need to
call libmysql directly ...).

A fix will be applied on libdbi in the next few days. I'll let you
know when this is done. Then, I think a note in documentation about
this will be very helpful for people who want to use MySQL backend
(they should be aware of the speed issue, and how to solve it).

The topic on libdbi mailing list can be seen here :
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30320894

Olivier