[rrd-developers] Importing old data

dmb0058 dmb at yellowbell.net
Fri Jul 5 23:58:02 CEST 2013

I'm sure this must be a common request but I can't find an answer, or even a
hint !

I've got a lot of weather data in rrd, and also have rainfall data from the
last two years that I'd like to add. I've created a new rrd, with "-b 1" (1
second after Jan 1, 1970), but when I try to add data it fails:

$ rrdtool update /weather/data/RAIN.rrd 1347321081:241.5
$ ERROR: /weather/data/RAIN.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time
1347321081 when last update time is 1372982400 (minimum one second step)

Am I trying to achieve the impossible, or (more likely !) did something
stupid ?

All help appreciated,

David