[rrd-developers] ROL and ROR for RPN

Steve Schnepp steve.schnepp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 08:48:56 CEST 2014

(sorry for the thread hijack)

Le 29 avr. 2014 01:52, "Steve Shipway" <s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> a écrit :

> The COUNT, COPY (being a genericisation of DUP) and INDEX look useful as
> well. (But COUNT would need to be renamed as we already have one of those)

Make it DEPTH, SIZE or LENGTH, and you're set, as their name is even more
obvious. (SIZE & LENGTH might be ambiguous in that they could be relative
to the properties of the upper element only)

So, that's for the context... Here comes the hijack :-)

Are there some RRD-compatible RPN lib out there ?

I mean, I'd like to do some computation on the values, but as it'll be
regular, I do not want to trigger a rrdcache flush. That rules out regular
rrd functions.

PS, sorry steve, i didnt sent to the list on the first email...

--
Steve Schnepp