[rrd-developers] Question: rrdtool pipe interface - restore support?

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 16 03:21:43 CET 2014

I don't think it does. Why isn't a usual file good enough? You can store it in tmpfs if the i/o speed is the concern. But usually rrdtool is
slower than disk i/o anyway.

What I
typically do, is execute rrdtool dump from an SSH command, so that its
remote stdout is the ssh's local stdout, and save the XML to a local
temporary file. Next the local rrdtool restore would slurp that file.

If you need the XML to tweak some RRD parameter, you can use RRD::Tweak Perl module instead.