[rrd-users] Re: Long time to do a file update

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 5 02:28:04 MEST 1999

Yesterday you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Long time to do a file update:

*> I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is antcipated behavior of
*> rrd.
*>
*> 	I created a file with 50 data samplings, using the tutorial
*> mrtg-like create command.
*> 	I'm trying to do an update of those 50 data samplings, however,
*> when I run it, it seems to jump to 100% cpu usage and just sits in the
*> background.
*>
*> 	Any idea what's going wrong?

make sure you get rrdtool-1.0.3 there was a bug in rrdtool-1.0.2 and some
revisions before that. You can work around the bug by giving the -b now
option when creating the rrd ...

cheers
tobi
*>
*> 	--Gart
*>
*>
*> --
*> * To unsubscribe from the rrd-users mailing list, send a message with the
*>   subject: unsubscribe to rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
*>
*>

--