[rrd-users] Re: Maximum Argument Length?

Cliff Daniel cdaniel at Level3.net
Fri Aug 6 18:10:27 MEST 1999

Tobias Weingartner <weingart at cs.ualberta.ca> writes:

> Ouch!  May I ask what you are doing?  :-)

Heh :-)  Well, let's say in a given city you might have
120 Targets you need to collect data from.  But, what
if you want to Look at the sum of all those Targets
in one graph?  An obvious route would be to maintain an
RRD from the sum of all those Targets.  However, since
I didn't start of that route I do not have the historical
data for the sum.  It's imperitive that I have this
data to represent that sum view.  If anyone knows an easy
way to extract data from multiple RRDs and place each
sample into a collective RRD then it would be a better
approach.  The graph function is totally dynamic since
I collect the data and store it into a Mysql database which
then will dynamically feed the graph function depending on
how many Targets matched the Query...

--
Cliff Daniel
Level 3 Communications