[rrd-users] Re: MRTG to RRD XML file

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 18 01:49:01 MEST 1999

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Re: MRTG to RRD XML file:

*>
*> > > *> Has anyone created a tool that will create a RRD sytle xml file from the
*> > > *> MRTG log files? I tried but I can't seem to get it right.
*> > >
*> > > very good iea .... make one ... go go ... ask any questions you have I'll be
*> > > glad to answer ...
*> > >
*> >
*> > Well, I can convert the data and get it graphed with MAX values but as
*> > soon as I do an update the graphs go hay wire and I loos the MAX,MIN, &
*> > AVERAGE values. That's if I don't dump core. :)
*> >
*>
*> As Tobi already told, some calculations need to be done.
*>
[...]
*> I wouldn't recommend this as a final solution but as written above, you
*> would at least get a correct database to compare your development to.

well my explainations were geard towards doing a direct conversion from
(.log to rrd-xml) which actually allows you to get the MAX thing correct ...
if you do the right maths ... and it will be simpler than using rrdupdate
and trying to trick it into doing the MAX work for you ...

cheers
tobi