[rrd-users] use version numbers with rrd module

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 23 23:05:57 MEST 1999

Folks,

here is a little piece of advice for writing rrdtool apps with the
perl shared module interface:

Especially with cricket I recently had a number of complaints about problems
which were fixed in rrdtool a few versions ago. The people had installed the
latest version of rrdtool, but it did still not work. Often it turned out
that cricket was not using the latest version of the module but one which
was installed in site-perl from an earlier version of rrdtool.

To prevent this from happening I suggest you put a version number into your
'use' command:

use RRDs 1.000061;

this number is constructed directly from the number of the rrd release
x.y.z => x.yyzzz1

cheers
Tobi

--