[rrd-users] Spikes (1.0.8)

Jeff Wheat jeff at cetlink.net
Thu Dec 2 00:18:09 MET 1999

Hi there. I know that this has been asked a bunch of times and have seen
different things to do about it, but I am unable to locate the information
in the mail list archives. In short, I have a large number of rrd's that
have
the min set to 0 and the max set to the maximum speed of the interfaces
being
monitored. I am getting spikes in my databases, for instance, an 11Mb spike
on
a 1.54M interface. I have tried to use rrdtool dump / restore -r to correct
the
problem without any luck. What do I need to do to get rid of these spikes?
All
help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Jeff