[rrd-users] Re: Spikes

Daniel Rinehart danielr at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Dec 4 17:51:11 MET 1999

> it would be great if I could get some code demonstrating this behaviour ...
> it would make debugging so much simpler ...

	I don't know if this is related but I've also been seeing some
strange spikes in Octet readings I've been getting from one of my Cisco
Catalyst 8510 ATM switches. I'm still at the initial stages of debugging this
problem but this is what I have found so far.
	Values as seen by my Perl script doing the collection before
passing them off to RRD:
                  'atm_out' => 3438905,
                  'atm_out' => 3457190,
                  'atm_out' => 1484,
                  'atm_out' => 19875,

	Another sample:
                  'atm_out' => 3421998,
                  'atm_out' => 3452632,
                  'atm_out' => 26394,
                  'atm_out' => 58936,

	Maybe, I'm missing something, but that sure looks like an odd wrap
point to me.

- Daniel R. <danielr at ccs.neu.edu> [http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/danielr/]