[rrd-users] Re: hi, yall

Seth Lepzelter slepzelt at cs.oberlin.edu
Fri Jul 23 18:38:16 MEST 1999

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] hi, yall:
>
> *> I've been trying to replace our use of mrtg with rrdtool.  so far, i've
> *> got most of our functionality running from my linux box, however, we would
> *> like the final product to go onto a Sun or (preferably)DEC UNIX box.
> *>
> *> unfortunately, I have not been able to get them to compile.
> *>
> *> anyone out there have experience with this?
> *>
> *> the errors i get are problems with ieee math on any of the DEC UNIX boxes
> *> i've tried.
>
> hmmm ieee math seems to be a problem on dec ... or at least the way I am
> using it ... help welcome !

I've found a compiler tag that satisfies the one check in the configure
script for ieee math compliance-- "-mieee", but i get errors with 2 other
checks.  here is what it spits at me:

checking if IEEE math works... nope
checking if IEEE math works with -mieee... yes
checking if IEEE math works with fpsetmask(0)... nope
checking if IEEE math works with signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN)... nope
Your Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ...
Please find out how to make IEEE math work with your Compiler
and let me know (oetiker at ee.ethz.ch)
Check config.log to see what went wrong ...

> *>
> *> for our suns, I cant find the libcrypt libraries, but i'm sure that's just
> *> a matter of looking hard enough.
>
> you should not need crypt ...

while trying to compile on a solaris 2.6 box, I get this a few minutes
into the compile:

(cd src && make CFLAGS="-g -O2")
(cd perl-piped && /usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL)
ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal: libcrypt_i.so.1: open failed: No such
file or directory
*** Error code 137
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `perl-piped/Makefile'

I've looked, but can't find where in the Makefile there is a reference to
crypt.

hmm... ok, this is curious:
I just compiled on our new solaris 7 box, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks,
Seth Lepzelter