[rrd-users] Possible problem?

Tobias Weingartner weingart at cs.ualberta.ca
Thu Jul 29 19:44:00 MEST 1999

So I've setup cricket to collect some stuff, and yesterday things were a
little weird around here.  The net went down a number of times (should not
have affected the following stats, as the router was further up the chain),
and this morning, I thought I'd have a look-see at the data, and see how
things looked.

For some strange reason, I'm seeing only 1 negative spike in the data.  IE:
the graph says that we had 0 bytes/sec, with one negative bytes/sec spike.
Very weird.  I've put the relevant files up for http access at:

http://irricana.cs.ualberta.ca/~weingart/weird.gif
http://irricana.cs.ualberta.ca/~weingart/weird.xml
http://irricana.cs.ualberta.ca/~weingart/weird.txt

The gif is the output of the graph, the xml is a rrdtool dump, and the
txt file is a description of how the graph was made.  Any ideas?

--Toby.