[rrd-users] Re: drawing problems

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 9 13:35:48 MET 1999

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Re: drawing problems:

*> Tobias Oetiker wrote:
*> >
*> > Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] drawing problems:
*> >
*> > for me to debug this it would be ideal if you could supply a short shell
*> > script which first generates and rrdfile, populates it and then draws the
*> > graph showing the problem ...
*>
*> hi tobi,
*> the following script shows generates a gif containing the type off error
*> i'm having troubles with:
*>
*> rrdtool create test.rrd -b 942100000 \

[... removed example script ...]

*>
*> i think the question is what should happen with data that is outside the
*> y-interval when using the -r option.

aha now I see what you mean, you don't want anything to apear instead of the
horizontal line just outside the graph ? what would you propose? draw
nothing ? this is easy todo. Others! please state your opinnion ...

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich