[rrd-users] Re: Machine spec'd..

jfesler at gigo.com jfesler at gigo.com
Sat Oct 30 18:17:50 MEST 1999

> you might also want to pay some money to a optimisation guru to add memory
> mapped IO or something like this to rrdtool :-)

We're already out of technical resources :-).  This box represents one out
of over a thousand;  our rocket scientists are focusing on the thousand
instead.

Speaking of mmap: If you use mmap IO in a project, and you expect lots of
small reads, and you upgrade to sol7, and performance goes to hell, you
need patches.  A project of ours got stalled a month+ because of a
freaking sol7 upgrade..