[rrd-users] Re: incorrect updates

Tobias Weingartner weingart at cs.ualberta.ca
Tue Sep 21 22:22:45 MEST 1999

On Tuesday, September 21, "Srinivas Vangari" wrote:

> I just started using RRDTOOL. I created an RRD with the following command

Cool, I hope you will become a convert as quickly as most people on this
list are getting there.  :-)

> 937944120	1.48	1.63
>
> Also it looks restrictive to use longtime format (secs since 1970) as
> timestamp for updates. I am not sure if there is a UNIX time command to
> get the number of secs since 1970.  I had to write a small C program to
> get the longtime with time.h

Ahh, this is a quick perl one-liner, something *very* usefull for people
that can't do unix-time-in-seconds-since-epoch to "people-time" conversion
in their head.  I thought I'd post to the list, in case somebody else needs
it.

irricana:37> perl -e 'print scalar(localtime(937944120)) ."\n";'
Tue Sep 21 14:02:00 1999
irricana:38>

--Toby.
| Tobias Weingartner | Email: weingart at cs.ualberta.ca | Nothing here yet     |
| Apt B 7707-110 St. |--------------------------------| Nor here yet...      |
| Edmonton, AB       | Unix Guru, Admin, Systems-Dude | Nor here...          |
| Canada     / %SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown |