[rrd-users] Re: rrdcgi options

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Sep 27 20:49:45 MEST 1999

Yesterday you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] rrdcgi options:

*> Hummm 8/
*>
*> I have two current issues with rrdcgi (from the 1.0.7 release)
*> First off, There seems to be no way of labelling the graphs generated
*> with a timestamp
*> Having not found a way to do it with rrdcgi directly, I fell back on
*>
*> 	<!--#config timefmt="%A %d/%m/%y (%X)"-->
*> 	<!--#echo var="LAST_MODIFIED"-->
*>
*> intending to write out the date in the html page as opposed to the
*> graphs which rrdcgi EITHER chokes on horribly and dies indicating that rrdcgi
*> is attempting to parse that inline html, or ignores the idea of letting the
*> server side include getting in on the act.

ssis will never work, because the server does not get to parse the output of
rrdcgi ... rrdcgi talks directly to your browser ... there is no way todo
this except by adding new functionality to rrdcgi ...

*> Secondly, I cannot for the life of me get rrdcgi to write out the
*> required headers that are meant to be pumped out with "-g 300 -r".
*> Rrdcgi runs, but refuses to generate any last-modified/expired headers
*> which is annoying me intensly. Even when I run the scripts using --filter,
*> no such headers are apparent is there something I'm missing out on?

there is a bug ... I got a patch which will be in the next update ...

cheers
tobi
*>
*> . Help?
*>
*> Phil
*> =--=
*>
*> --
*> * To unsubscribe from the rrd-users mailing list, send a message with the
*>   subject: unsubscribe to rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
*>
*>

--