[rrd-users] probelms with timestamp

Patrick Ammann Patrick.Ammann at nextra.ch
Thu Apr 13 15:37:56 MEST 2000

Hi,

i just have a little probelm. I'm just generationg some graphs and all
works fine, except the time-value. I want to put a text like "last updated
on " in my png files. I managed to get used bandwith etc. values in the
graph but not the timestamp from the last entrie in the RRD file. I already
tried it on different ways but the result was always the same - it doesn't
work.

could someone give me some help ?

here is a part of the script i wrote:

push (@aDEF, '--vertical-label', 'Traffic in bit/s',
                            '--title', $sTitel,
                            "DEF:inBps=$sRRDfile:in:AVERAGE",
                                "DEF:outBps=$sRRDfile:out:AVERAGE",
                                "DEF:inBpsm=$sRRDfile:in:MAX",
                                "DEF:outBpsm=$sRRDfile:out:MAX",
                                "DEF:val4=$sRRDfile:TIME:LAST",
                                'CDEF:inbps=inBps,8,*',
                                'CDEF:outbps=outBps,8,*',
                                'CDEF:inbpsm=inBpsm,8,*',
                                'CDEF:outbpsm=outBpsm,8,*',
                                'AREA:inbps#84eb80:"In"',
                                 'LINE2:outbps#9391f5:"Out"',
                                 'LINE1:inbpsm#008800:"Max In"',
                                 'LINE1:outbpsm#5555aa:"Max Out"\\l',
                                 'GPRINT:inbps:LAST:Current Inbound
Bits/sec\\: %.3lf%s\\r',
                                 'GPRINT:outbps:LAST:Current Outbound
Bits/sec\\: %.3lf%s\\r',
                        'GPRINT:val4:Current Timestamp\: %.3lf%s\\r',
                   # 'COMMENT:Last data entered at ' print -e 'scalar
localtime($back) '',
                                 #'GPRINT:inbps:LAST:Current
Inbound\Outbound Kbits/sec\\: %.3lf\\g',
                                 #'GPRINT:outbps:LAST:\%.3lf\\r',
                                 #'GPRINT:inbps:AVERAGE:Average Inbound
Kbits/sec\\: %.3lf%s \\r',
                                 #'GPRINT:outbps:AVERAGE:Average Outbound
Kbits/sec\\: %.3lf%s \\r',
                                 #'GPRINT:inbps:MAX:Max Inbound
Kbits/sec\\: %.3lf%s \\r',
                                 #'GPRINT:outbps:MAX:Max Outbound