[rrd-users] Re: rrdcgi segfault

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 19 21:46:16 MEST 2000

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] rrdcgi segfault:

*>
*> Hi,
*> i run into a problem with rrdcgi giving no output with some parameters.
*> I tracked it down to an segfault when feeding special parameters to this
*> cgi-sript.
*> I can reproduce this on two mashines using rrdcgi coming with rrdtool-
*> 1.0.17.
*>
*> Here is the cgi:
*>
*> #!/usr/bin/rrdcgi
*> <HTML>
*> <HEAD><TITLE>Tux statistics</TITLE></HEAD>
*> <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
*> <RRD::GRAPH <RRD::CV::PATH DS1>
*> </BODY>
*> </HTML>
*>
*> and here the parameter to feed on standard input:
*>
*> DS1=c_h_errors
*>
*> I am not able to generate an script for it, because in the script the
*> rrdcgi is happily working :-(
*> I grabbed the environment with which the webserver calls the cgi and
*> delivered it to the cgi, but no segfault.

first there is a braket missing

 <RRD::GRAPH <RRD::CV::PATH DS1>>

second you might want to run this from within ddd which is great
for finding the place in the code where the segfault occurs

if I trie it here (with the brace added)

I get:

oetiker.ee> ./cgitest.cgi
(offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)
DS1=c_h_errors

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Tux statistics</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
[ERROR: can't make a graph without contents]
</BODY>
</HTML>

cheers
tobi

*>
*> The segfault happens on both mashines (debian potato and woody) when
*> the cgi is called from bash 2.04.0(1)-release.
*>
*> Any ideas or something for me to test?
*>
*> Thanks
*>

--