[rrd-users] Re: SNMP: Strange Results?

Todd Caine todd_caine at eli.net
Fri Aug 11 00:31:36 MEST 2000

Well the way I do it won't work for anyone else yet.  We have submitted a
patch to the ucd-snmp developers for the SNMP.pm module that comes with
ucd-snmp that is very quick.  We still haven't received a timeline from them
on incorporating it yet, although they are very interested.  The method I'm
referring to is the snmpbulkget where you can specify non-repeaters
(snmpgets) and repeaters (snmpbulkwalks) all in the same request.  I then
map the resulting VarBind objects into a multidimensional array so that I
can specify:

$table[$ifIndex][ifInOctets];
$table[$ifIndex][ifOutOctets];

If you interested in the specific code let me know, but like I said before,
the patch hasn't been incorporated into the XS code yet so you can not use
this new functionality.

TOdd

 <!-- Todd Caine - tcaine at eli.net
  Software Engineer