[rrd-users] Weird graph scaling

Philip Molter philip at datafoundry.net
Thu Aug 17 00:57:44 MEST 2000

I'm using RRD and PerlMagick to produce overlapping graphs.  Because
of the way the graphs must overlap, their scales need to be identical
(or else you can't read the graph).  Now, theoretically, I should
be able to use fetch to grab all the information for my image, sort
through it, and find the minimum and maximums across all the graphs.
If I then set the -l and -u values for all of the graphs to the
same values (the overall max and overall min), I expect to get a
graph with the same scale.

But it doesn't work like that.  A lot of times, the graph expands
much higher or much lower than it should (say, -u 134M and the
graph goes up to 200M).  What causes this and how can I stop it?

TIA,
Philip

* Philip Molter
* Data Foundry International