[rrd-users] Help Needed

Doug Schmidt Doug at cometsystems.com
Fri Aug 18 20:48:10 MEST 2000

Hi RRD Users,

I was wondering if someone could give me some help with some of the problems
Im having.
I dont think it is an RRDTool problem, but this is the only place I could
think of to get some help.

We are using RRDTool w/ Remstats as the frontend. I have tried to send email
to Thomas Eriskine, but his
remstats email bounces w/ user unknown. His normal email gets delivered, but
no responses.

On a Unix Host:
I have the unix-status-collector and server running, it polls the host at 5
minute intervals and gets
all the data and graphs everything lovely. I also have it collecting
qmail-messages and the qmailq, but
it is only the qmailq that does not seem to be working. In the HTML graph I
see "NaN" for all values. If I go
to the server that is running RRD/Remstats, I see in the directory:
/var/remstats/data/host.to.monitor/qmailq.rrd
and seems to have data stored in it.

-rw-r--r--   1 remstats remstats  180392 Aug 18 14:35 qmailq.rrd

If any one that is familiar with remstats or could help me out, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Oh, also, remstats does a nice job of graphing the performance of our Cisco
gear via SNMP.
For the Unix hosts, it uses client/server perl scripts. I dont want to use
these perl scripts, cause
that would mean visiting every server and installing the scripts and GNU
utilities. Since we already
have SNMP installed on all servers, I would like the RRD/Remstats Server to
collect this info via SNMP.
But in order to do this, I would have to hand bake this myself, and his
documentation seems a little light, and
does not give a lot of details/samples of how to do this.
Any info on this also would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

~Doug