[rrd-users] Re: About logging the REAL values

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 22 23:35:21 MEST 2000

Today you sent me mail regarding Re: [rrd-users] Re: About logging the REAL...:

*>
*>  I dont mean to be a smart a.. but I think Tobi made
*> this very clear, the MIN and MAX values are calculated
*> out of the averaged values, if we dont like it or does
*> not work for us and Tobi does not agree on changing
*> it, then we have two choices here, either stop using
*> rrd or fix it for local use.

or use the 'workaround' I sketched out in the PS of one of my
previous mails ... hace a short step with a high mrhb and have your
shortest rras a number of steps long ... this will yeald at least a
semblance of deterministic behaviour while allowing you to muddy
the waters pretty thoroughly ...

cheers
tobi
*>
*>
*> Enrique.
*>
*>
*> Do You Yahoo!?
*> Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere!
*> http://mail.yahoo.com/
*>

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich