[rrd-users] Re: How to add variables (DS) to an existing rrd database?

João Pedro Rodrigues* jprodrigues at tp.telepac.pt
Thu Aug 31 20:38:04 MEST 2000

Hi,
I install the version 1.0.25 of rrdtool for get the add_ds.pt  script.
But instead of help-me then make-me furious because it aren´t whit any logic
and i cant understant how it or not works.
Why it must be combineted whit the script batch.pl?It´s for what ?
Why you dont make a script simple and understable with a sintaxe like this:
Add_ds.pl [ds_name] [file_source.rrd] [file_destination.rrd] [type]
[heartbeat] [rrdmin] [rrdmax] ? Why? Why we need the batch.pl?
Changing the number of ds´s it could be a very important feature.
Sorry my irritation.
J. Pedro.