[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool installation on HP-UX 10.20

Nathan Harris nathan at psicat.com
Wed Dec 6 16:13:35 MET 2000

I don't think HP-UX 11.00 builds will run on 10.20 (or at least that has
been my experience).  I can't get the Perl stuff to compile under 10.20
either.  I have not tried 11.00 yet (as I'm looking for an executable that
will run on 10.20 and 11.00).  I want to try out Cricket (which requires the
Perl libs), but if you are not interested in the Perl stuff, the rrdtool
executable should work.  If I could just get the Perl to compile, I would be
happy to tar up my /opt/rrdtool-1.0.28 directory and post it for everyone.
By the way, I'm building with GCC 2.95.2, GNU make 3.79, and Perl 5.6.0
(from the HP porting center depot) on a B1000 workstation running HP-UX
10.20.  I also have SoftBench 6.6 w/ aCC installed (but I'm not using it to
build with).

Bjorn, are you compiling without GCC?  I was not aware that rrdtool would
compile using the default HP CC compiler (it is not ANSI, etc...).  Maybe
this is the trick... also, are you using the Perl depot from the HP porting
center or did you compile Perl yourself?

-Nathan

Nathan Harris
P-Com, Inc.