[rrd-users] Re: MRTG x RRDTool

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Wed Dec 13 20:05:52 MET 2000

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 04:32:25PM -0200, Roberto Rigotto-RRG wrote:
> I need some help....
>
>     I would like to see a example of a script to create, update and
>     generate a graph using RRDTool, like mrtg used to do: I want 4
>     graphs, with the Maximum, Average and Current values per day /
>     week / month and year graphs ! Is it possilble ? How ?

You really want a complete frontend package for this; RRD is just the
database.

Some reasonable choices: MRTG itself (the newest version can use RRD);
Cricket (a slight learning curve needed, but my favorite); remstats
(also has a bunch of fans) and many others.

See
<http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/frontends/index.html>

  -- Clifton

 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr at lava.net
      The named which can be named is not the Eternal named.