[rrd-users] COUNTER to DERIVE

David Koski dkoski at noc.ns.itd.umich.edu
Fri Dec 29 15:08:10 MET 2000

I'm about ready to take the plunge and re-do my RRDs from there intial set
to COUNTER to DERIVE as set about a year and a half ago.  Is there a
simple way to do this since COUNTER and DERIVE really are the same minus
the Counter roll logic?  So far the only suggested way I have is to unload
the data, recreate the RRD and reload the data, but for several thousand
RRD files, this would be a mess frankly.  Is there any other way suggested
way?  I noticed rrd tune has an option to alter the data-source type, but
don't know if this would be wise on an already populated RRD (Its still
messy as well but more manageable than unloading and reloading), the other
problem is writing a script to detect its a COUNTER and does the change,
since I have several hundred GAUGE RRDs as well...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

	Thanks

		David

UMNet                         MichNet                         Merit RSNG