[rrd-users] Re: Simple method to get a list of data sources in a single RRD

Bruce Campbell bruce.campbell at apnic.net
Wed Feb 9 08:02:49 MET 2000

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 rainer at roka.net wrote:

rainer> On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 11:01:58AM +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
rainer> > Bruce Campbell wrote:
rainer> > > 	Is there a program currently to do a simple 'is this a valid data
rainer> > > 	source' or to list the available data sources, in a given rrd
rainer> > > 	file?
rainer> > 	rrdtool dump some.rrd | awk '/<name>/{print $2}'

real    0m2.070s

rainer> I think the following will need less cpu cycles:
rainer> rrdtool fetch squid1.rrd AVERAGE --start `rrdtool last squid1.rrd` |head -1

real    0m0.020s

rainer> Unfortunately there is an error in the output so that the names get prin-
rainer> ted without spaces between them.

It is sufficient for my purpose ;)

rainer> The same in perl will do pretty well.
rainer> Here is an perlscript which will do it.
rainer> -- URL : http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/pantomime/rrdfetchnames.pl

	Can't load '/opt/rrdtool/lib/perl/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so' for module
	RRDs: dynamic linker: perl: relocation error: symbol not
	found: finite;

I suspect I will need to use --enable-shared when remaking rrdtool.

Thanks.

--==--
Bruce.

Sysadmin, APNIC.