[rrd-users] Re: RRDTool 1.0.10 sig8'ing on FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Feb 9 23:04:09 MET 2000

Jan 31 you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] RRDTool 1.0.10 sig8'ing on...:

*> 'm having a little bit of difficulty getting rrdtool to behave on my
*> FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE system.  While I can compile and install, and even
*> update RRD databases fine (I'm using the NRG frontend) I can't get rrdcgi
*> to make any of the required graphs, it just dumps corefiles and outputs no
*> errors.

oops:

add this to rrd_cgi.c main

#ifdef MUST_DISABLE_SIGFPE
    signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN);
#endif
#ifdef MUST_DISABLE_FPMASK
    fpsetmask(0);
#endif

will be in the next release ...

cheers
tobi
*>
*> It's important to note that working in the database itself (NRG data
*> collection) as well as database creation seems to be working great.
*>
*> Here's the output of the gdb -c rrdcgi.core command I run on the core
*> rrdcgi leaves behind:
*>
*> su-2.03# gdb -c rrdcgi.core
*> GNU gdb 4.18
*> Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
*> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
*> are
*> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
*> conditions.
*> Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
*> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
*> details.
*> This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd".
*> Core was generated by `rrdcgi'.
*> Program terminated with signal 8, Floating point exception.
*> #0  0x28071341 in ?? ()
*> (gdb) where
*> #0  0x28071341 in ?? ()
*> #1  0x2807424a in ?? ()
*> #2  0x2807632d in ?? ()
*> #3  0x80494bd in ?? ()
*> #4  0x80499c1 in ?? ()
*> #5  0x8048f4c in ?? ()
*> #6  0x8048bf1 in ?? ()
*> (gdb)
*>
*> This is running on a pIII 450 w/ 256MB of PC100 SDRAM and 18G of usable
*> RAID5.  It's using GCC 2.7.2.3 and I've compiled rrdtool w/
*> --enable-shared (it does the same thing when compiled staticly too).  Does
*> anyone have any idea what could be happening?  I'd be more than happy to
*> give you a login on the box Tobi or whoever feels like helping tackle this
*> bug (if it is a bug).
*>
*> Email me off-list if you want to see .txt copies of the script.
*>
*> -R
*>
*>