[rrd-users] What's the fastest way to adjust the dates in an .rrd file?

dave-mlist at bfnet.com dave-mlist at bfnet.com
Mon Feb 14 17:51:49 MET 2000

Before New Year's Eve, my hysterical management forced me to change
the dates on my servers to post Y2K dates to prove that my systems
wouldn't have problems.  I then proceeded to forget to reset the dates
on some of my servers (including ones running RRD), which now is
causing the only Y2K bug in our NOC:  when I set the dates back on the
computers, the RRD files are confused and don't get updated properly.
How embarrassing.

I need to adjust the dates of two-months' worth of RRD data backwards
in time by about two weeks.  Is there an easy way to do this?  (I have
about sixty databases to deal with.)

If there's no shortcut, I figure I'll write a perl script that dumps
the XML, edits the file in place, then re-loads the edited XML to its
respective RRD file.  If anyone already has such a script I'd love to
steal it from you.

Thanks,
Dave