[rrd-users] Grapher.cgi sorta works

Hayes Jennifer Jennifer.Hayes at det.nsw.edu.au
Thu Feb 17 04:51:23 MET 2000

***This has already been posted to the Cricket users list but no-one has
been able to help so far.*** Any suggestions, ideas or comments please...

People,

Has anyone seen the following:

Graphs for inet-gw.dmz1.tafensw.edu.au

  Summary

  Values at last update:
  Inlet temperature in C (for the day):
  Cur: 0°
  Avg: 12°
  Max: 13°
                                    Outlet temperature in C (for the day):
                                    Cur: 0°
                                    Avg: 16°
                                    Max: 18°

  Last updated at Thu Jan 1 10:00:00 1970 <- NB: We are +10 GMT so it is
pulling 0 here as well!!!

But the graph looks fine:

 <<mini-graph.png>>
The current values and the update come back as bogus, but are correct in the
RRD. Now this is running on a 64bit AXP DS-20, so we could have a 128/64/32
bit register issue.

Any suggestions are welcome. The problem seems to be with the rrd.pm, a
graph generated from rrd at the command line is fine.

Current production versions:

# perl -v

This is perl, version 5.004_05 built for alpha-dec_osf

rrd 1-0-8
Cricket 0.70

everything compiled with
# gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/alphaev6-dec-osf4.0f/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

Cheers,

Guy

Guy R. Loucks