[rrd-users] Re: Correct way to edit the database?

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Jan 11 07:32:42 MET 2000

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Correct way to edit the database?:

*> 1) I've wanted to correct the abnormal spikes in the rrd
*> so I dumped it into xml.  Finding the 3 occurances of the
*> value and changing them to what I thought they should be
*> works fine.  2) restore the rrd and the graph is fine.
*> However, the very next update to the graph causes a huge
*> spike, or drop.  Is there a proper way to edit the rrd
*> that could prevent this?  Should I be altering the last_ds
*> when I dump/restore?

editing the xml should be fine, but you must make sure you edit all the RRAs
... and not only the first to show up ... further you must make sure you are
using rrdtool 1.0.10 ...

cheers
tobi
*>