[rrd-users] Re: adding datasources to existing RRDs using XML

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 12 07:24:17 MET 2000

Yesterday you sent me mail regarding Re: [rrd-users] adding datasources to...:

*> datasources to one target (or instance of a target) that will be visible
*> inside the same grapher 'view', and compatible with the existing poller.
*> The view thing I can work around, but I don't know how to add the
*> datasources and keep my existing data without a) doing this XML conversion,
*> b) creating an additional branch in the config tree - which loses the
*> advantage of having the config tree in the first place IMO.  If there's a
*> way to have the poller recognize additional datasources and RRAs without
*> killing my existing ones, I'd be all for using more RRAs.

well I think Jeff is all open to getting patches :-)

*> sorry, nothing visible.  although, I could dig up some graphs for you.

If you have some interesting ones (content whise) I would be interested,
because I am in the process of setting up a gallery ...

*> do you have some sort of performance testing tool?  i could hack something
*> out to do really simple tests.  i don't know that much about performance
*> testing, however.

yes, but I am looking for real world data ... the only interesting thing
would be to see how much time your system spends on updating the RRDs as
oposed to collecting the data ...

cheers
tobi

--