[rrd-users] Re: RRDtool "GMT-centric" problem?

steve rader rader at teak.wiscnet.net
Fri Jan 14 18:55:48 MET 2000

 > From: "Honermann Tom A."
 >  I'm not sure I agree with this "arbitrary time offset".  The reason for
 > this is that it won't work correctly in timezones that switch timezones
 > through the course of a year.

The "arbitrary time offset" thing won't work perfectly here in
Wisconsin, per se.  But it will work right ~50% of the time and
it will only be off by an hour the other ~50% of the time.

I can "understand" a graph of some_ds/day that's off by an hour in
the summer but I just can't understand a graph of some_ds/day that's
off by five or six hours.

later
steve
- - -