[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool graph core dumps on HPUX10.20

Chris Snell cjs at citysearch.com
Fri Jan 14 18:00:29 MET 2000

Hi,

Forgive me if this a dumb solution--I'm very new to RRDtool.  As a
temporary workaround, have you tried dumping to XML and then manually
editing the very large (1.073848190e+09 ????) values that you have, then
restoring back to RRD from XML?

Chris

At 10:15 AM 1/13/00 -0500, abush at microcenter.com wrote:
> > *> on hpux 10.20 using rrdtool 1.0.10 when trying to do a graph i get:
> > *> Floating exception(coredump)
> > *> gcc used to compile rrd is 2.95.1
> > *>
> > *> the rrd is still being updated and was created by v. 1.0.10.
> > *> if i graph using v. 1.0.7 it works just fine.
> > *>
> > *> what other info do you need to help with this?
> >
> > a script which creates an rrd, updates it ith data and finaly produces the
> > graph, crashing while it does so ...
>
>create:
>rrdtool create cpu.rrd -s 300\
>         DS:usr:GAUGE:600:0:100\
>         DS:sys:GAUGE:600:0:100\
>         DS:wio:GAUGE:600:0:100\
>         DS:idle:GAUGE:600:0:100\
>         RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:1200\
>         RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:12:8760
>
>updated with this every 5 min for ~2 days now:
>output of sar -u 1 300 (5 min average cpu usage).
>I have logged the updates and don't have any errors from the rrdtool
>update.
>
><snip>...
>N:23:5:37:36
>N:19:7:27:48
>N:14:9:49:28
>N:42:19:19:21
>N:20:2:12:65
>N:22:9:15:55
>N:13:10:17:60
>N:24:14:13:50
>N:13:5:7:75
>...</snip>
>
>dump:
>the dump looks ok.  The first set of data is way off but this is
>probably due to no previous data: 1.073848190e+09 for all DS's. The
>second set of data is off too, however the third is right on.
>
>graph:
>rrdtool graph ./cpu.gif  DEF:u=./cpu.rrd:usr:AVERAGE\
>         LINE1:u#FF0000
>
>The graph command works on 1.0.7 but not 1.0.10??
>The graph looks good too.
>
>--

Chris Snell <cjs at citysearch.com>         626.660.2882 W
UNIX Wrangler                            626.695.1747 M
Ticketmaster Online - CitySearch, Inc.     Pasadena, CA

"You know, it's the early bird that gets the worm...
        But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese."
              - Guy Clark