[rrd-users] Re: constants

lists at ripper.informatik.uni-ulm.de lists at ripper.informatik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Jan 20 11:56:13 MET 2000

> *> Not to mention that it would be very nice to be able to record when
> *> a constant like "interface speed" changed, so that you could make
> *> long-term %utilization graphs and have them actually be correct, even
> *> across a link upgrade.

> this is no problem, just have another RRD with rather special settings ...
> one value a day for example and store the ifspeed in there every day ...

What I would like to save in a rrd: The parameters used for some graphs
(e.g. daily="-s -12000m -e now -a PNG  -w 576 -h 160 -c MGRID... DEF...
             CDEF... GPRINT...")

so I can call "rrdtool graph /tmp/r1-daily.png --template r1.rrd:daily".
(but then if you want to use several rrds for one graph this is not so
elegant anymore).

Rainer
Rainer.Bawidamann at informatik.uni-ulm.de