[rrd-users] Re: nrg+rrdtool
rader at teak.wiscnet.net
Thu Jan 20 18:00:31 MET 2000
> From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Karl_Hei=F0ar?=
> Is this necesary after each nrg-rrdkeeper file.conf ?
> I have about 100 config files and got about 200 left to write
> nrg-rrdkeeper: /home/httpd/html/nrg/leigulinur/almenna.rrd isn't under
> NRG's control...
> nrg-rrdkeeper: [k]eep [a]rchive or [r]emove? k
<blush> You can hit "^c" to stop nrg-rrdkeeper from looking for
orphaned .rrd files.
But also I did a pre-release this morning... so if you grab
nrg-0.35pre6 , you can do
nrg-rrdkeeper add *.conf
and just add .rrd files with no fuss.
The usage of nrg-rrdkeeper (and likewise for nrg-cgikeeper) for v0.35
nrg-rrdkeeper [add|check|sync|delete|archive] [-y] file.conf fileN.conf
Be sure to read the RELEASE_NOTES (also enclosed) ... you'll have
to run the addGraphWebPage script to add GraphWebPage: stmts to
your .confs. And be warned: mrtg2nrg does not work fully with this
- - -
- - -
Release notes for NRG 0.35
- NRG v0.35 now allows for the use of perl regular expressions in
the "target" and "ds" part of most configuration keywords. These regular
expressions must contain one of the following : "^", "$" and/or ".*".
For example, you can label the y axis of all graphs for targets that
end in "-mem" with the config string "YLabel[.*-mem$]: CPU Memory".
- nrg-cgimaker has been renamed nrg-cgikeeper. This is because
nrg-cgikeeper and nrg-rrdkeeper can now run in one of the following
"modes": add, sync, check, delete or archive.
- NRG v0.35 has a vastly improved organization to the contents of
it's example configuration files. The example configs now have four
groups of configuration strings:
- a section defining how data is labeled
- a section defining how data is graphed
- a section defining the system, it's RRD and it's graph web page
- a section defining the content of the RRD's graph web page
- NRG v0.35 requires rrdtool-1.0.10 or better. If you have an
older RRDtool version, your web pages will have goofy text like
Last update was <RRD::TIME::LAST some.rrd "%a %b %e %T %Z %Y">
in them. You can delete the RRD::TIME::NOW and RRD::TIME::LAST lines
outa the templates to make NRG v0.35 work with older versions of RRDtool.
- NRG web pages now (should) auto-reload every five minutes. To disable
this feature, delete <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT=300> from
the templates. See the INSTALL file for details about configuring the
Apache web server to tell web browsers to reload the gif images within
graph web pages.
- The keyword GraphWebPage is now required: it tells nrg-cgikeeper
to write out a graph web page. (Previously the Variable and RRD keywords
awkwardly defined a graph web page.) To generate GraphWebPage statements
for a given configuration file, use the contrib/addGraphWebPage script
mv Sample.conf OldSample.conf
addGraphWebPage < OldSample.conf > Sample.conf
To upgrade all your .conf files, do
mv *.conf OLD
for i in *; do
/usr/local/src/nrg-0.35/contrib/addGraphWebPage < $i > ../$i
rm -rf OLD
- The keyword GraphPageTemplate should replace the keyword PageTemplate.
For backward compatibility, the keyword PageTemplate still works.
To convert to the keyword name, use the contrib/addGraphPageTemplate
script like so:
mv Sample.conf OldSample.conf
HERE NOT DONE addGraphPageTemplate < OldSample.conf > Sample.conf
- The README.conf file now contains explanations about the use
of NRG configuration keywords.
- NRG configuration files may now contain backslashes (the "\" character)
for line continuation. To allow for the use of backslashes for perl
regexps, backslashes for line continuation must be placed at the end of
the line. However white space characters and/or comments may be placed
after a line continuation blackslash.
Unsubscribe mailto:rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe
Help mailto:rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=help
More information about the rrd-users