[rrd-users] Re: rrd and nrg

steve rader rader at teak.wiscnet.net
Mon Jan 24 16:57:56 MET 2000

 > I have a web full of loggs and stuff and so far everything is smoothe and
 > cool,
 >
 > Its just takes too long to edit the config files, updating, makin rrd and
 > runmaker.
 >
 > Do you have any non implemented perl scripts available like mrtg had, cfgm
 > aker and all that stuff.

Starting with NRG v0.35, you can use perl regexp's for the
target and ds parts of NRG config strings helps reduce the
amount of .conf strings alot, btw.)

Also, there will be a "nrg-confmaker" script which works like
MRTG's "cfgmaker": it will print out NRG configuration strings
to graph traffic on a router's interfaces.  (Credit goes do
Gary Berger <berger at marketxt.com> for the initial coding.)

 > Also, is it so that nrg+rrdtool can only monitor one device?

I'm not sure what this question refers to.  NRG is cabable of
monitoring many devices.

 > i mean i have
 > a cisco 3620 router with a shitload of ports and stuff, so i use the cfgm
 > aker from mrtg, and copy paste each serial into cfg files, one router at a
 > time.

Try using

 cfgmaker snmp_read_str at router.domain.name | mrtg2nrg > domain-name.conf

If you have any problems with mrtg2nrg, just holler.

later
steve
- - -
systems guy