[rrd-users] Re: Different timezones

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Jan 30 00:45:15 MET 2000

Yesterday you sent me mail regarding Re: [rrd-users] Re: Different timezones:

*>
*> Tobi,
*> 	That's a completely accurate and relatively useuless answer.
*>
*> 	The problem comes in how do you KNOW what to set the TZ to if
*> you are running a web server.  The only mechanism I've found is to use
*> Javascript.  Currently, I'm using the following code in one of my non-
*> rrd pages to deal with times displayed in a table:
*>
*> If anyone has a better solution, I'd love to have it.  This is the
*> best I've been able to come up with.  For use with RRD, it should
*> be possible to take the technique I've used above (the onLoad
*> function specifically) and modify it to return the TZ variable
*> to the CGI script.  You could even rig it so that if there was
*> no TZ for variable, a form was sent back with all of the fields
*> hidden which would submit itself and include the offset or
*> TZ name (also available from the Date() object (sort of).

:-) one interesting thing to look at would be the request header ... does it
not contain the local time of the browser ?

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich