[rrd-users] Re: Preventing counter wraps

Jerome Fleury jerome.fleury at none.net
Wed Jul 5 13:12:35 MEST 2000

Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> *> What about a "nowrap" option to rrd_update ?
>
> and how should this work? how should it distinguish between wrap
> and reboot ?

Well, if my front end detects a reboot, then I could send the polled
value to rrd_update adding a "nowrap" flag. RRD would then skip the wrap
detection and (if counter and rrd_diff < 0) then recompute deltas from
this value.

OK, I'm not a RRD expert, but I assume this from having read the
rrd_update sources. Probably I'm wrong, tell me.

--
Jerome Fleury      none Networks / Freesbee
Network Team