[rrd-users] Re: INTEGER VALUES

Mateusz Pavlic mpavlic at onet.pl
Thu Jun 15 12:51:46 MEST 2000

Joăo Pedro Rodrigues wrote:

> Hello,
> I can´t obtain Integer values from a RRD when it should be integers. Is the
> case of number of calls in a router, I obtain for example 13,23 calls in a
> sample. In graphics the result is also wrong.
> Look:
>
> I need help.
> Thanks.

Hi,

rrdtool makes interpolation if modification time isn't 60 * INTEGER

exact interval isn't enough, eg. conuting since EPOCH:
3,63,123... rrdtool will make interpolation to quess values at 0, 60,
120 ...

you can modify ( by external script ) your modificiation time like this
in perl ( you can write it in your own way ):

$modif_time -= $modif_time % 60 # '%' is modulus operator

You will be then several seconds moved in time, but interval will be
exact,
and rrdtool will store exact values.

I assume that you can handle right intervals. If you have problem with
it, and your interval is
sometime 60 s, sometime 50, and sometime eg. 100, then this is better to
leave this
to rrdtool to interpolate, and look at graph not for exact digits, but
for comparing
values changes in time ( of course, interpolated values still will be
close to your input values ).

I've head the same problem. I can handle right intervals, additionaly i
correct time to get "round minute"
and rrdtool stores my integer values.

Good luck!

Hogacz