[rrd-users] rrdtool fetch return values

Frank Harper Frank.Harper at turbomeca.fr
Tue Mar 14 09:48:49 MET 2000

When I fetch values using the following code:

my ($time,$step,$names,$data) = RRDs::fetch($filePath,"AVERAGE",
       "--start","now",
       "--end","now");

Two data points are returned:

Start:       Tue Mar 14 09:00:00 2000 (953020800)
Step size:   300 seconds
DS names:    ds0, ds1, ds2, ds3, ds4, ds5
Data points: 2
Tue Mar 14 09:00:00 2000 (953020800) av=6178.09084612431
Tue Mar 14 09:05:00 2000 (953021100) av=NaN

Will fetch always return an extra NaN data point? I'm thinking about future
versions of RRDtool. Also what about when I use other values for --start and
--end?

If the NaN is always present as the last data point , I'll just throw it away.

e-mail: Frank.Harper at turbomeca.fr
Tel: +33-559-12-52-18
Fax: +33-559-12-51-50