[rrd-users] problems with update & cron?

Matthews, Kathy (New) matthek1 at anz.com
Thu Mar 23 00:29:22 MET 2000

Hi.

I'm a bit of an rrdtool newbie, but what I'm trying to do is get the cpu
usage of our server.  I seem to be able to create the .rrd file ok:

RRDs::create ($rrd, "-b",$start,"--step",300,
              "DS:user:GAUGE:600:U:U",
              "DS:system:GAUGE:600:U:U",
              "DS:idle:GAUGE:600:U:U",
              "RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:24");

and I'm using snmp to get user, system and idle times.  My update looks like
this:

RRDs::update ("$rrd", "$t:$cpuuser:$cpusystem:$cpuidle");

the problem is when I update I get NaN if it is run from cron (Solaris 2.6),
but if I manually update it gets there ok.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA.

Kathy