[rrd-users] Moving Average

Scott McCrory scott at mccrory.com
Sun Mar 26 17:04:56 MEST 2000

Tobias,
    A little while back a user requested information about how to display a
moving average of values using the graph function and you mentioned that a
CDEF command such as MAV could be implemented to do this.  I wanted to add
my vote for such a function unless moving averages can be graphed using
existing commands.  My boss is very much impressed with what I've put
together with RRDTool but since our graphed values tend to be spikey, a
moving average would be useful in helping us determine long-term trends of
these spikes.  Thanks again for your time and wonderful tool.
    Scott
Scott McCrory
scott at mccrory.com