[rrd-users] Re: Easy question? How to monitor a dsl-line

Todd Caine todd_caine at eli.net
Tue Nov 7 19:45:20 MET 2000

Hello,

I just coded up a basic DSL monitoring script, which produces graphs like,
http://216.254.42.175/cgi-bin/index.cgi .  You can see what a couple of heavy
Napster frenzies looks like.  I have drawn horizontal rules at the max in/out
for my DSL service.  Right now the graph only shows ifInOctets and ifOutOctets
using 1 minute samples, but the script doing the polling is also stashing
ifInDiscards and ifInErrors as well, so you can build hopefully boring graphs
from this or just include some basic stats using DEF and GPRINT.  If you like
the graph I can send you the PERL script, that does the snmp monitoring, and
also the rrdcgi script which generates the webpage with image.  Let me know.