[rrd-users] Announcing Colt, a remote data logging utility

Chris Snell chris at bikeworld.com
Mon Nov 27 08:49:25 MET 2000

Hi everyone!  I've just written a little utility called Colt, which is a
sort of remotely accessible version of RRDtool's rrdupdate program.  Colt
lets you update RRD files that reside on a centralized server from any
machine that can talk to this server over the network.  Colt runs under
Apache's mod_perl and uses standard HTTP for data transmission, so it is
proxy-friendly. It's also quite trivial to incorporate Colt support into
your remote data gathering applications.

Colt is frontend-independent and should work well with all RRDtool
frontends, or without any frontend.

Colt is available for download at
http://bronc.blueaspen.com/dist/utilities/

If you try it out and have any problems, let me know.  Thanks!

Chris Snell