[rrd-users] RRDtool updates to RRDs created with older versions of RRDtool

Brett Sauer brett at wamnet.com
Mon Oct 2 18:58:20 MEST 2000

Hello,

I have RRDtool running on a number of boxes at different version levels,
specifically, 1.0.13 and 1.0.25.  (I am not using RRDtool's graphing
functionality for these implementations, only its data aggregation and
storage capabilities.)

Is it possible to install version 1.0.28 at these sites and use it to
continue to update archives created with previous versions?
Are there any issues with doing this?
If this is OK to do, will it always be the case that new versions will
work this way (so I won't need to ask again, in future)?

Thanks very much.
Brett

--
Brett Sauer   Network Services, WAM!NET Inc.
ph/cell/pgr:(612)889-6397 4840 Chaparral Road