[rrd-users] Re: Thumbnails

Chris Snell chris at bikeworld.com
Wed Oct 4 01:50:45 MEST 2000

At 06:32 PM 10/3/2000, Philip Molter wrote:

>Given that ImageMagick (well, PerlMagick) is an /incredible/ memory
>pig and it's pretty slow, it'd be great if there was an option in
>RRD that you could specify which would return you /just/ the graph.
>I'm sure you could generate and print that a lot faster than
>'generate:save:open:crop:print'.

It's a memory hog no doubt but it runs decently fast under mod_perl.  I
haven't taken accurate measurements but I believe that Bronc is returning
thumbnailed images in a fraction of a second, including graph generation
with RRDtool and PerlMagick scaling.  Running standalone (not under
mod_perl) would be quite slow.

chris
--
Chris Snell <chris at bikeworld.com>               210.828.5558 W
Systems & Networks Architect                    210.602.2308 M