[rrd-users] No rrdtool graphs in mrtg

Ronaldo Fernandez ronaldo_fernandez at ins.com
Sat Oct 28 00:34:30 MEST 2000

  MRTG/rrd Folks,

  Has anyone worked with mrtg 2.9.2 with rrdtool on Sun Solaris 2.6?
  I installed mrtg and rrdtool,  used the rrdtool integration instructions,
  on mrtg.cfg I added -
  PathAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.28/bin
  LogFormat: rrdtool
  LibAdd: /usr/local/src/rrdtool-1.0.28/perl-shared

  I ran indexmaker with -
--rrdviewer=/usr/local/src/mrtg-2.9.2/contrib/14all

  I ran mrtg and it did not generate any graphs at all.  I tried using it
with
  old mrtg files and nothing happened.
  I tried several things,  including running just plain mrtg without rrdtool

  and it ran with graphs.
  What else am I missing here?  Are there any undocumented steps I need to
do
  with rrdtool?

  Any kind of help, tips and techniques are appreciated here.
  Thanks in advance.

  Ronaldo Fernandez
  AT&T