[rrd-users] Re: Can CDEFs offset the time axis?

Philip Molter philip at datafoundry.net
Thu Sep 7 17:50:57 MEST 2000

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 08:13:05AM -0700, Adam Treister wrote:
:
:
: I'd like to be able to overlay a graph of current levels vs. last year's
: levels.
:
: Is there any sort of function in the CDEFs that returns the value from the
: data source at a different point in time?
:
: Any other elegant solutions?

I'd be interested in this as well.   Currently, the only way I
could find to graph two different time periods is by using some
sort of outside party (eg. imagemagick) to overlay the two images.
I actually wrote up a rather complicated perl module to do this
for traffic graphs (although it can probably quickly be extended
to any type of graph), so I can see why it wouldn't be implemented
in the graphing function itself.  Getting labels and gridlines to
match up was horrendous.

* Philip Molter
* DataFoundry.net
* http://www.datafoundry.net/